Virtual queues, mobile ticketing, physical paper tickets from kiosks, online pre-booked visits, and occupancy control - all in a single streamlined flow that is easy to use and quick to roll out to multiple locations.Queueing systems provide an easy way for businesses to manage customers by reducing or eliminating long lines. They incorporate digital solutions to streamline the check-in process and use technology to enhance the overall customer experience.
Queueing systems can be used in various settings, including the following:
- A building entrance
- A deli counter in a grocery store
- A doctor’s office
- A restaurant
- A technical service desk
- A store (for a shopping appointment)
Main Features Of A Queueing System
Most systems, including the Ombori Queueing System, have four main features that streamline this process:
- Customers reserve a place in line via online booking, a dedicated ticketing station, or a mobile device using a QR code displayed on a printed poster or digital signage. Customers select a specific time slot or request the next available slot in the virtual queue.
- When a customer has booked an appointment, they receive a confirmation on their mobile device or a printed ticket that includes the location and time. Then they wait where they choose: in their car, at home, or in another business.
- When the customer’s appointment time grows near, or they approach the head of the queue, they receive a notification to proceed to the premises, which minimizes their on-site wait time.
Upon arrival, the customer presents the confirmation to staff, who use a reader to scan the customer’s phone or printed ticket, or they can check it manually. The queueing system may be integrated with an occupancy control app to provide a fully automated system.
Benefits of Using a Queueing System: For the Business
Industries all over the world can enjoy the benefits of a queueing system such as Ombori Grid. Here are some of the most common advantages for businesses:Maintaining COVID-19 Restrictions
Improving Customer Health and Safety
Reducing the number of people in line limits the risk of infection from viruses, which is essential in healthcare and medical settings. Queueing systems allow patients to maintain safe social distancing.
Managing Staff Appropriately
Accurate real-time queueing data allows businesses to adjust staffing levels to meet actual demand. They can open or close checkout lanes or service desks in response to the number of people waiting and arrange for more staff to work during peak hours.
For retailers, queueing systems make it more convenient for customers to checkout. They are likely to experience reduced wait times and can plan their visit accordingly. Additionally, by offering customers a faster experience, stores reduce the risk of losing business to competitors.
Gathering Data for Analytics
As a business gathers historical queueing data, it can identify underlying trends in customer behavior.
Benefits of Using a Queueing System: For the Customer
A queueing system not only improves business operations but also enhances the customer experience. Here is how visitors can benefit from such a system:Taking Advantage of Transparent Wait Times
Spending Less Time in Queues
Enjoying a Better Overall Experience
Because customers can check-in via a virtual platform and checkout when prompted via an SMS or text message, they have the option to wait “outside” of the line. This freedom often translates into higher customer ratings.
Selecting the Ombori Grid Queue Management System
The Ombori Grid Queue Management solution provides modern ticketing through mobile devices or paper stubs. Its features go beyond those of traditional queueing systems, offering customers an enhanced experience.
- The system provides a continuous real-time count of everyone waiting in line with accurate, up-to-the-minute data on queueing levels and expected wait times.
- Its data storage and handling are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and similar legislation.
- Users can easily view current queue statistics and historical trends online or via their mobile devices. All data is date- and time-stamped.
- Data can be exported to files or directly to an existing management information system (MIS).
- Users can define actions that are triggered when a queue reaches a certain level.
- Users can continuously monitor the status of all connected devices remotely and have the ability to take remedial action when needed.
- Businesses with multiple sites can monitor and control all locations virtually. Furthermore, customers can book a spot in any queue, allowing them to select the location with the shortest wait time.
- Every site in a business has its own configuration, including different queue procedures, triggers, and content.
- Traffic light indicators display the size of each queue.
- All data is stored on the cloud, allowing remote access at all times.
In addition, businesses have the ability to expand their queueing system and integrate it further into their operations. Ombori Grid offers the following optional features:
Integration with Occupancy Control Systems
The Ombori Occupancy Control system monitors people entering and leaving the premises. It can open and close doors automatically, ensuring businesses comply with occupancy regulations.
Digital Signage Integration
Queue data can appear on interactive digital signage both inside and outside the building, allowing businesses to adjust their messaging in response to different customer needs or contexts, such as time of day, temperature, or weather conditions.
Businesses can set a maximum visit length to help manage traffic flow. When visitors reach the end of their permitted time, they receive a notification on their mobile device reminding them that time has expired.
To reduce wait times even further, businesses can combine the queue system with a pre-ordering system.
Integration with Loyalty Programs
VIP customers can access preferential booking options, including a separate fast-track queue or appointment slots that are not available to other customers.
Embedded Promotional Opportunities
Businesses can send personalized promotional material to customers waiting in line, direct to their mobile devices, including digital coupons, product data, or other helpful information.
Opened and Closed Gates
Businesses can configure the admission component to open gates automatically when a visitor’s arrival has been validated. This limits entry to visitors who have appointments and have reached the head of the queue.
Multiple Queues Per Location
Locations can have more than one queue, allowing businesses to match staff skills or specific services to customer needs. For example, a municipal setting can have separate lines for taxes, utilities, and building permits.Triggered Staff Information
Businesses can connect to existing networks in multiple ways, via WIFI, cables, or using a separate connection.
Some queueing systems are available in multiple languages, and devices can be configured for multiple language support.Audio Support
Visitor Information For Staff
Businesses can send information about customers directly to the staff who will be serving them. For example, the system can identify whether a customer is a loyalty program member.
Integration With Physical and Virtual Appointments
Both physical and virtual customers can be combined into a single queue: a tech support desk can see one customer in person and then assist the next customer via a video call.
Why Choose the Ombori Queueing System?
The Ombori Queueing System is part of the modular Grid ecosystem. It can be combined with various other apps and solutions to help businesses meet their operational and financial needs. All Grid apps have shared infrastructure, allowing them to share data and work seamlessly together. Ombori apps can be added as needed, allowing businesses to expand their functionality when appropriate. Additional features include the following:
- Customizability, scalability, and security
- Rapidly deployment
- Remote management
- Easy maintenance
- Standard hardware and software
An effective queuing system allows business owners to manage customers throughout their interactions with the company and make the customer experience as comfortable and smooth as possible. It also helps businesses understand how their customers and staff engage with each other, providing valuable insights into improving both the customer experience and operational efficiency.