Introducing interactive digital signage that customers can control using their mobile phones.
Most digital signage is based around a fixed carousel of static or video content. Although this is a satisfactory way to display prepared material, it is not engaging. Customers do not have the ability to find out more, to pause it, or to control what is being displayed. Customer remote gives customers the ability to interact with the signage and get the precise information they want.
The customer remote is interactive digital signage that runs on standard screens in various sizes. It replicates many of the functions of touch screen signage, but can be placed in locations where customers cannot reach, such as in a window or above other items.
Unlike most digital signage, the customer remote operates in two modes, passive and active.
In passive mode, it acts like a normal digital signage screen, and displays a configurable carousel of content. This can be configured to show different content at different times of day, and adjusted remotely in real time. If you have screens in multiple locations, each can be configured to show unique content.
The display also includes a QR code. By pointing their phone at the QR code, the customer can switch the device into active mode. They can control the screen remotely using swipes or gestures. This enables them to browse content, pause it, or request further information. This can include text, images, video, and audio output, depending on the context.
The customer remote can help in many different ways.
- Engages the customer by giving them control
- Helps them find detailed information that meets their specific requirements
- Reduces risk of contagion compared to touch-screen devices
- Provides an enjoyable, fun experience
- Reduces time spent dealing with repeated customer queries
For the business
- Attracts the attention of passers-by
- Increases the effectiveness of promotional materials with interactivity
- Opens up new possibilities for store design and space usage
- Increases sales by allowing purchases out of hours or from outside the store
- Provides valuable data on what customers are interested in
Who's it for?
The customer remote is ideal for any type of business that uses digital signage, not just retailers. For example, in an airport, it can offer flight information, maps to gates and stores, or up to the minute information about the destination. In a museum, it can provide an interactive guide to exhibits.
It can be combined with Wayfinder to help customers locate an item in-store or find a service desk, or with Endless Aisle to allow them to make a purchase without entering the store, even if the store is closed. Customers can also download digital coupons or offers onto their mobile device, which can then be redeemed in-store or online.